These are delicious. The raw mix freezes really well. Super for breakfast or dinner.
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: ~20 mins
Serves: 8-10 cutlets per batch (recipe makes 2 batches)
3 raw bananas, peeled and cubed
500 grams yam, peeled, cubed, washed really well
2 medium potatoes, whole, peeled (if you are planning to freeze half the mix, use only one potato)
1 small onion, finely diced
Handful coriander, chopped fine
Green chilli finely chopped, if desired
- Boil the raw bananas, yams and potatoes together in a pressure cooker for 4-5 whistles
- Cool and halve the mixture, with the potato going into the mix to be used immediately. (You can freeze the other half for upto 3 weeks. Just add a boiled potato to it when you defrost it for use.)
- Add the onion, coriander, chilli and salt to the mixture and mix well. Shape into 2 inch balls and flatten a little.
- Fry on tava with a little oil, till they are golden brown on both sides.
- Serve hot with a fresh salad or just sliced tomatoes and green chutney.